A couple weeks ago, we were shown how to find monarch eggs by some friends at the nature preserve class. We have tons of milkweed in the undeveloped area around us, so when we were out for a walk, I started looking. Yesterday, I found 3 likely eggs! We went home and watched some videos on finding and taking care of monarchs.
Today, we went out again, but had no luck finding eggs. We did find two monarch caterpillars that look close to the next stage, and one super tiny one. Wallace feigns interest in searching the leaves with me, but totally slacks.
We are excited to do our best to increase their chance of survival! It’s a fun process to learn about and witness.